Friday 10 February 2012

The Body Shop Review (x2!)

Hi, hope you are all well! Today I have for you a review of 2 products from The Body Shop:
1. Sweet Lemon Body Scrub
2. Spiced Vanilla Body Butter

Please Note: I bought these myself with my partner's  own money & am not being paid in any way for this review.

There are nearly always special offers at The Body Shop online so it is best to wait until there's one that suits  you best and then stock up in my opinion. (e.g at the time of writing this, body butters & body scrubs are 2 for £15, delivery is free if you spend over £20 and if you spend over £25, you get a Strawberry Body Butter free AND on top of all of that, spend £50 get £25 off! Thats over 50% discount if you make use of all of those offers at once!!  )

Sweet Lemon Body Scrub 200ml (220g) - RRP £12.50




Here is the product info according to The Body Shop's website:

This exfoliating body scrub contains real lemon seed oil and peel. It lifts away dead skin cells and has a zesty citrus scent.
  • Removes dead skin cells
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
  • Stimulates skin microcirculation
  • Zesty citrus scent
Key Ingredients:
  • Lemon seed oil
  • Lemon peel
  • Community Fair Trade soya oil
  • Community Fair Trade organic cane sugar
Full Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sucrose, Sodium Chloride, Helianthus Annuus Hybrid Oil, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Seed Oil, Glycine Soja Oil, Limonene, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Parfum, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel, Juglans Regia Shell Powder, Citral, CI 19140. 

The best thing about this product is the smell. It is lovely and refreshing yet sweet, just like fresh lemons and not synthetic smelling at all. This was actually my first time using a body scrub like this and it was a big change for me. The hardest thing to get used to was the lack of bubbles and the texture, which is very thick and looks like slush due to the sugar (sucrose) and salt (sodium chloride) granules it contains! It also has little bits of lemon peel in there too. It is a natural exfoliant yet gentle on the skin and it is suggested that you should only use it 2 - 3 times per week as it can cause skin to dry out if used more often. Although a little product does go a long way, I have noticed that this pot is emptying way faster than my body butter so I perhaps should of ordered more body scrubs. Oh well, I will know for next time!

Here are the photos I took:




Lemon is known to help combat the dreaded cellulite as is rubbing the skin in circular motions and is also good for your circulation too.

I would definitely purchase this again although and overall it scores 4/5 for me. I am not I would pay £12.50 for it though so check those special offers before you buy! You can get this from your local body shop store or online here


Spiced Vanilla Body Butter 200ml (192g) - RRP £12.50  - discontinued :-(




This body butter was a part of the winter/ christmas 2011 collection so is sadly not available to buy from The Body Shop right now, although you may still be able to find it on websites such as eBay.

Product info:

Our famous Body Butter scented with vanilla and a hint of spice. It is quickly absorbed and leaves skin feeling softer and smoother.
  • Buttery texture
  • No parabens
Key Ingredient(s)
  • Vanilla extract
  • Community Fair Trade cocoa butter
Full Ingredients
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glycine Soja Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Parfum (Fragrance), Phenethyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), CI 15510 (Colour). 


This smells absolutely lovely, good enough to eat! It is mostly vanilla with a mild hint of spice (not sure  exactly what spices they are though!) It reminds me of the vanilla Yankee Candle actually. (My boyfriend doesn't like the smell of it though. Boo!) This pot will last ages, it leaves my skin feeling super soft and moisturised without feeling too oily and the scent lingers on my skin for a good while afterwards. I actually can't really find anything bad to say about it. We have had cold weather lately and I did notice that the butter became harder to rub into the skin. This is because some of the oils in it are solid at room temperature and get harder the colder it gets, sort of like the butter you use on your sandwiches! I just store it in a warmer room now and I don't have this problem anymore. Hopefully this will be available to buy again later on in the year as I will definitely buy this again.

Here are my photos:




This one actually scores a big 5/5 from me! Some "body butters" I have used in the past had exactly the same consistency as normal

I hope you enjoyed reading and please feel free to comment with your thoughts / experiences and I will try to reply back to you. Have a great weekend!

DISCLAIMER: These were bought by myself but this does not affect my opinion of them in any way.

2 comments:

  1. these look lovely, the scrub looks great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really wanna try some different ones now :) x

      Delete

I love reading all comments and I do my best to reply where possible :-)