Sunday 6 November 2011

Technic Crackle Polish & my neon rainbow crackle nails!

So, today I bought a bottle of Technic Crackle Effect Top Coat in 21106 Black. It only cost £1.99 and I have never used crackle polish before, so I thought I'd give it a go.

First of all, I painted my nails the colour I wanted to show through the crackle polish. I only did one coat so if you wanted a more vibrant finish you could do more or use a white undercoat first. In this case, I chose a different colour for each nail using these polishes from my collection:

Once that had dried, it was time for the star of the show to make an appearance.



I applied one coat of Technic Crackle Polish onto my freshly painted nails, being careful to paint each area just once, no overlapping or this will ruin the effect! Then, the magic happened before my eyes as the black started to crack in a random pattern and reveal the colours underneath.
Once this had dried I noticed the black was looking a bit dull, and almost chalky but once I applied a thin layer or two of clear top coat (which you need to do anyway to keep the colour on your nails), it had a nice shiny wet look to it once again. This is what it looked like:


It was so quick and easy to apply and I am not skilled at all when it comes to nail art, plus my nails are really short so it proves that you can still have pretty nails whether they are long or short.

The only really tiny issue I can find is not in the product itself but in the instructions that come attached to the bottle. It doesn't mention that you should apply a top coat to finish your design. someone who didn't know you had to do this would be a bit disappointed and not understand why the colour did not look its best. any tutorial online (and there are loads!) will tell you that you need to do this.

I absolutely love this product, I think it does it's job as well as more expensive products out there and I will DEFINITELY be buying more of these in as many colours as I can find!

Hope you enjoyed reading!

DISCLAIMER: All products used here were bought by myself. Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. They look lovely :) crackle effect polish is amazing! <3 xoxo

    http://justtiffeny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! I am so happy I finally got to try some! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all comments and I do my best to reply where possible :-)